It’s all about the braai
A Different Spin on Bouillabaisse
• 8 prawns (whole and deveined)
• 12 to 18 black mussels in shells
• Hake fillet cut into bite size chunks.
• ½ cup cake flour
• 2 tsp Robertsons Fish spice
• 1.5L fish/seafood stock
• 1 tin chopped Italian tomatoes
• ½ C white wine
• Pinch of Robertsons Peri-
• 1 onion finely chopped
• Robertsons Black Pepper
• Olive oil
1. In a pot big enough for the soup, fry the prawns in a splash of olive oil for about 3-
2. Dust the hake with a mixture of cake flour and Robertsons Fish Spice and fry in the same pot. This should only take a few minutes, it’s important not to overcook the hake or the texture will be compromised. Remove the hake from the pot.
3. In the same pot, sauté the onion until soft and golden-
4. Place the tin of chopped tomatoes, black pepper, Peri-
5. After the broth has simmered, add all the cooked seafood back to the pot, and heat through. Serve with plenty of crusty bread.
The Spice Master