It’s all about the braai
Thai Coconut Curry Sauce and Prawns
Yellow Curry Paste:
• 1 yellow pepper deseeded and roughly chopped
• 3 yellow chillies chopped
• 1 chopped lemon grass stalk
• 1 small onion chopped
• 4 cloves garlic
• 1X 5cm piece of fresh ginger chopped
• 1 tsp Robertsons Ground Coriander
• 1 tsp Robertsons Cumin
• ½ tsp Robertsons Cinnamon
• 1 tsp Robertsons salt
• 30ml oil
Add everything to a food processor and blend into a paste.
Prawn in a coconut curry sauce:
• 1 tin (400ml) coconut milk
• 4 tsp yellow curry paste (see recipe above)
• ½ tsp Robersons Turmeric
• 2 tsp fish sauce
• ½ tsp Robertsons Salt
• 1 tsp sugar
• 350g prawns peeled and deveined, keep the tails in tact
• 150g cherry tomatoes
• Juice of 1 lime
• 2 red chillies thinly sliced for garnish
• Coriander leaves for garnish
Add half of the coconut milk, turmeric and curry paste into a pan and slowly bring to the boil.
Stir the milk and curry paste until it disperses, let it simmer slowly for 10 minutes.
Add the fish sauce, salt, sugar and the rest of the milk and stir.
Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and the prawns and simmer for 5 minutes until the prawns are nice and pink.
Remove from heat.
Garnish with the red chillies and coriander leaves.