It’s all about the braai
Spicy Corn and Chorizo Soup:
• 4 corn on the cob (mielies)
• Water to cook corn (reserve 1L)
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 250g chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
• 1 onion finely chopped
• 1 large carrot, quartered length wise, and then cut into thin pieces
• 1 red pepper diced
• 1 celery stick thinly sliced
• ¼ tsp Robertsons Peri-
• 1 tsp Robertsons Crushed Garlic
• 2 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pots
• 1 tsp Robertsons Thyme
• Black pepper
Cook the corn on the cob in boiling water so that you have 1L left in the pot when the corn is ready. Remove the corn from the water once it is cooked, and pour 1L of the water through a sieve to keep.
Heat the olive oil in a deep casserole, add the chorizo and fry for 5 minutes. Then
add the onions, carrots, celery and red pepper to the pot. Add Robertsons Peri-
Cut the corn off the cob and separate the individual pieces of corn. Check the carrot pieces from the pot to see if they’re tender. If the carrot is still firm, allow the items in the pot to keep simmering until tender. Once tender, add the corn and Robertsons Thyme to the soup and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Add salt and black pepper to taste.
Serve hot, with lots of crunchy bread.
The Spice Master.