It’s all about the braai
Duck Necks and Breast
• 1kg duck necks each cut in half
• Water to cover duck necks
• 1 tsp Robertsons Salt
• 1 tsp freshly grounded Robertsons White Pepper
• 1 tsp Robertsons All Spice
• 1 tsp Robersons Chilli Flakes
• ½ tsp Robertsons Cloves
• ½ tsp Robertsons Cinnamon
• Duck fat that renders out of the duck breast
1. On the stove, add all the duck meats, water, salt, pepper, all spice, half the chilli flakes, cloves and cinnamon to a pot and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer until the necks are tender, this will take about 90 minutes.
3. Remove the duck necks from the water and pat dry.
4. Add the rest of the chilli flakes to the duck fat and heat the pan to medium
5. Add the duck neck pieces and fry until well coated with the fat until it’s a little crispy, serve immediately.
• Duck Breasts
• Robertsons Salt
• Robertsons Garlic Salt
• Robertsons White Pepper
1. Score the skin with a sharp knife in a diamond pattern; take care not to cut into the flesh.
2. Season the skin side with salt and let it stand for 30 minutes outside of the fridge. This will dry up the skin a little bit to achieve that crispy texture.
3. Preheat oven to 220°C
4. Season the skin side with White Pepper and Garlic Salt.
5. Put the breast skin side down in non-
6. Heat the pan to medium heat, the duck fat will start to render out.
7. After 6 minutes the skin should be nice and crispy.
8. Turn it over and fry the flesh side for 1 minute.
9. Remove from the pan and put skin side down on a baking try.
10. Put in the pre-
11. Remove from the oven and let it rest for 2 minutes in a warm place.
Suggestion: Serve with Chinese-