It’s all about the braai
Base (Enough for 4 pizza bases)
• 400g white bread flour
• 1 packet instant yeast
• 250ml lukewarm water
• Pinch of sugar
• 5 ml salt
1. In a warm bowl add the water, sugar and yeast and stir to dissolve. Allow the mixture to stand for 10 minutes or until it starts to foam.
2. Add 2/3 of the flour and the salt and mix until the dough starts to pull away from the bowl. Remove from the bowl and knead on a lightly floured surface, adding the rest of the flour bit by bit. Work the dough until it is elastic but smooth.
3. Lightly oil a mixing bowl with oil. Place the dough in the bowl and cover with a dish cloth. Leave the dough in a warm place until doubled in size.
4. Punch the dough down with your fist and knead for one or two minutes. Divide the dough into four equal pieces; roll each piece out with a rolling pin to a thickness of about 5mm.
5. Place the base on a lightly oiled oven pan. If you are using a pizza stone, just add a little flour on the stone, do not oil it. The bases are now ready for the toppings.
• 1 tin of chopped and peeled Italian tomatoes
• 1 tsp Robertsons oregano
• ½ tsp Robertsons basil
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 tsp sugar
1. Add all the ingredients to a pan and bring to the boil. Cook for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring all the time, breaking up the tomato pieces with the back of a fork.
2. Remove from the heat and for a smooth sauce, push the mixture through a fine sieve; I prefer not to do this. Allow the sauce to cool down.
3. Spread the tomato sauce evenly on the bases. Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese evenly over the bases, and then add your preferred toppings.
4. Bake in a pre-
5. Add any fresh ingredients you enjoy before serving.